We spend a lot of time taking care of our body internally from working out to eating healthier foods. But we often forget to take care of our largest organ, our skin! Adults carry roughly 8 lbs around and yet we don’t pay nearly as much attention to the importance and role of the skin. Skin protects us and acts as a first defense to ouside free radicals. Why wouldn’t we want to take care of it? Well this easy homemade coffee body and face scrub may be just what your skin needs.
Reap the Benefits
Benefits of Coffee
- Reduces redness and inflammation.
- Contains antioxidants to detox skin from damaging free radicals.
- Exfoliates skin and brightens by sloughing off dead skin cells.
- Improves circulation.
Benefits of Coconut Oil
- Acts as a natural antibacterial and antifungal treatment (good for acne and other bacterial skin disorders).
- Moisturizes and softens skin.
- Contains antioxidants that protect skin and fight against free radicals.
I love the benefits of coconut oil especially for it’s antibacterial properties. I recently developed a mild form of folliculitis, where my forehead will break out in little bumps usually caused by the bacteria Staphylococcus aureus (one of the most common bacteria species in our environment and everyday lives). Since developing this I’ve been trying natural remedies to help me rid this condition. I notice gradual improvement when using coconut scrubs and exfoliating my skin. Although I cannot say that this can treat folliculitis, I can say it helped me tremendously and I have seen the benefits with my personal use.
Side note: If your loving this natural beauty recipe, don’t forget to grab the Ultimate Healthy Living Bundle. 83 resources for one low price. Get more info here.
Get ready for this ridiculously easy 1:1 ratio recipe. So whether you are giving this as a gift or using this as part of your own routine, you can make as little or as much as you like.
- Mix equal parts of coffee grounds and coconut oil together until mixed together completely (you can melt the coconut oil if desired but preferebly on the stove).
- Store in air tight container.
- Apply on face and scrub in circular motion.
- Leave on 5-10 mins.
- Rinse with warm water and towel dry.
- Use 1-2 times per week or as desired.
What are some of your favorite natural skin care treatments?
Have you tried a natural coffee scrub before?
Do you use coconut oil for anything else besides skin care?
Let me know in the comments below! I would love to hear from you. 🙂
*This post may contain affiliate links. See Disclosure.