Everyone has their morning routine and mine starts out with a warm cup of lemon water. The winter months bring cold virus’ out of the woodwork and into our bodies but have no fear GINGER is hear.
Ginger is one of these foods that naturally boost your immunity and helps you fight off that nasty cold. It reduces fevers, soothes sore throats and it helps you cough to remove that nasty mucus buildup in your chest. So when winter hits that warm cup of lemon water turns to a cup of lemon ginger tea. It’s great to get hydrated early in the morning and jump start your lymphatic system. Another perk of this tea is that it’s highly alkalizing.
So why do I drink it? Well why not? It’s good for you and it has these amazing benefits.
1. Boost Immune System. During the winter months this is what our body needs to keep us healthy. Ginger has high levels of anti-oxidants and because of these, it helps strengthens your immunity. If you do catch a crummy cold or flu, this lemon ginger tea can be an effective anti-biotic for your body.
2. Kick starts and hydrates the lymphatic system. The lymphatic system primary function is transport lymph fluid that contains white blood cells to fight infections. It’s organs and tissues helps get rid of toxins, waste, and other unwanted materials in the body. So by drinking lemon water, this wakes up the lymphatic system to get it to start removing toxins accumulated overnight. The ginger plays its part by continuing to remove toxins through the colon. On top of all this goodness, it’s super helpful in cleansing the liver. Can you say Simple Daily Detox?
3. Brings out glowing skin and healthy hair. While being rich in antioxidants, it is also high in Vitamins B and C, calcium, phosphorous, and magnesium. These are all great for stimulating collagen, tissue repair, and protecting your cells from damages. Your skin will be glowing and your locks will be growing.
4. The lemon water alkalizes the body. If you haven’t heard about the alkaline diet, you should read up on it. I highly recommend this book by Bharti Vyas. It’s very informative and you learn so much on how to balance your body and eliminate toxins. I’m not big on diets but I do believe in the power of healing through nature and food. Your body functions so much better in an alkalized environment and the big bad cancer cells do not like to reside there either. Having an acidic body can lead to so many ailments, inflammation, and even cancer. Ginger adds a little cherry on top with its anti-inflammatory properties. So drink up.
5. Promotes weight loss. As if you needed another reason to drink lemon ginger tea every morning, here is one last one. It helps you lose weight. Did you know the having an alkalized body can help you lose weight more efficiently. Another big part of this is the ginger. It helps normalize sugars that are the culprit of cravings for carbs and fatty foods. Ginger also improves fat absorption and prevents it from storing in the body.
So how easy is that? Are you ready to incorporate lemon ginger tea into your morning routine? I thought so.
So are you ready for the super simple recipe?
- Grate or slice about 1/2 inch of ginger root into a cup.
- Pour boiling water and seep for 3-5 minutes.
- Squeeze the juice from half a lemon into your cup.
*optional you can add stevia or raw honey for taste. If you feel a cold coming on add a little raw honey for more defense.