May 2017 Income and Traffic Report
It’s almost summer ya’ll! Can you believe it? Time is always getting away from me and before I know it, it’s almost the end of the month. May was another busy month for me and I feel like I didn’t have a weekend to just chillax and blog. As you know I work full-time, so weekend are very precious blogging time for me. I may not have much of a social life right now but my side hustle seems to be paying off quite a bit.
You can read my last Income Report here.
This month my blog income increased by 9%. I have a lot of ideas I’ve been brainstorming for the blog and hopefully this summer full of some fun, creative, and helpful post. I have such a long list of blog post ideas, I just have to sit down and write them out. So what did this month look like? Let’s jump in.
Start your own blog in less than 10 mins with this post.
- Adobe – $29.99: I use this to edit my pictures (lightroom), create graphics (photoshop), and I’m learning more about how to use Illustrator. They also offer a student discount. 🙂
SOCIAL MEDIA STATS
- Facebook – 343 (+.6%)
- Instagram – 10345 (-.6%)–>I have so many follow/unfollowers and I expect this number to decrease more.
- Pinterest – 1619 (+3%)
- Twitter – 937 (+.6%)
Below are some screenshots from my Google Analytics. You can click the images to get a closer look.
TOP TEN TRAFFIC SOURCES
SOCIAL MEDIA REFERRALS
PINTEREST SEEMS TO BE MY THING
Since I posted DIY One Year Anniversary Book my traffic from Pinterest grew like crazy. My top post have been DIY’s and “Top Essentials” posts like this one. Looking into my top posts, I need to use this as an insight to what my readers and those coming to my blog like to see. Being a lifestyle blogger it’s sometimes hard to pinpoint what topics to blog about but I think Google Analytics really helps with this. How do you look into what your readers like? I’m always open to suggestions. 🙂
Goals from last income report (revisited)
- 2 blog posts a week–>Again I didn’t quite do this. 6 blog posts total for May and they were all over the place. Do you have a blog planner you use? How do you keep consistent?
- Create a blog schedule.–>Started a bullet journal but didn’t get around to creating a blog schedule.
Make a list of old posts to redoand schedule them in planner.–>Made the list but haven’t scheduled them in my journal. Save $400–>I saved this through ebates, saving money from each paycheck and selling on Poshmark (use my code NCQMO to get $5 off your first purchase). Complete at least 4 workouts a week.–>Finally got back at this. I started BBG this week through the SWEAT with Kayla app. Have you guys used it before? I’m really liking it. I love ToneItUp but the workouts are so long and I don’t feel like it’s tough enough. With BBG I’m sweating my booty off and definitely feel it the next day.
- 2 blog posts a week.
- Create a blog schedule.
- Schedule posts for the month in my bullet journal.
- Save $300 ($150/paycheck)
- Workout 6X/week and meal prep on Sundays.
- Create some blogging printables for July.
What goals do you have for June? (Personal, health, or blogging)
How did your blog traffic do last month?
What are some thing that worked for you in May?