Cold and flu season in now upon us darlings (as I’m writing this from home sick from work) and lets face it even the health nuts get sick. I try to eat a balanced diet of veggies, fruit, protein and other healthy foods, but even doing this your immune system is still susceptible to germs and viruses.
Did you know that 80% of your immune system located in your digestive tract? This is why having a healthy diet and gut can significantly improve the way your body fights off bad bacteria and infections.
Benefits of Probiotics
- Stronger Immune System – Probiotics help support the body’s ability to fight infection by crowding out and creating enzymes that destroy bad bacteria.
- Improved Digestion – Another function of probiotics, is that those healthy bacterium help things move smoothly as it should and helps your intestines absorb nutrients consumed through your diet. If you have constipation or IBS, it could be that you’re lacking proper amounts of probiotics.
- Reduced Cold and Flu – Because probiotics support your immune health, it can also help in reducing the length and severity of the cold and flu.
- Healthier Skin – probiotics naturally support skin health and skin disorders such as eczema and psoriasis.
- Better Breath – Probiotics fights off Candida. Candida is a fungus that helps in absorbing nutrients and digestion when at proper levels. When candida levels rise then you get what is called a yeast infections that is commonly found in the mouth, intestine, and womanly organ.
These are just a few benefits to taking a probiotic. You can get probiotics from yogurt, kefir, sour pickles, kombucha, miso soup, and supplements. I love kombucha as my probiotic source but man is it expensive. That’s why I have it on occasion and have found a new probiotic supplement that I can take daily.OLLY Probiotic Sticks are my new fave! First off they taste like an old-time childhood favorite of mine, Fun Dip. It doesn’t have a bad taste like most supplements do and the Quick Melt Probiotic Sticks are easy to carry around.
OLLY Probiotic Sticks contains 4 of the most beneficial strains around:
• The Regulator (aka Bifidobacterium Lactis HN019)-Helps with digestion and making things run smooth. 🙂
• The Booster (aka Bifidobacterium Lactis BL04) – Helps boost the bodies natural defenses.
• The Multitasker (aka Lactobacillus Acidophilus NCFM) – Get the best of both worlds with this one. Helps boost immune and digestive health.
• The Superstar (aka Lactobacillus Rhamnosus GG) – The most studied probiotics in the world.
OLLY Probiotic Sticks come in 3 flavors: Juicy Blueberry, Crispy Apple, and Giddy Grape*
*Kid version containing only 5.5 billion live cultures as opposed to 10 billion in the adult formula.
What ways are you improving your immune and digestive health?
Let me know some of your favorite ways to get your probiotics down below.