I can’t believe Christmas is only 5 days away! December has flown by so fast. This year I was so behind in decorating but I guess it’s better late than never. Pinterest is always my go to, naturally, for inspiration for decor and DIY projects. I found these mason jars on Etsy and thought they were adorable. So I headed off to Michael’s to see what I could come up with.
I would say this is definitely a #PinterestSuccess for once! They came out just how I pictured. I went for neutral colors for the floral/plant arrangement to give it a more rustic look. You could definitely add holly or more red and green for a more “Christmasy” look.
- 3 Mason Jars
- Satin Acrylic Pain in: Hunter Green, Holiday Red, & Vanilla.
- Floral Arrangement of your choice.
- Wire Cutters
- Paint each mason jar with your acrylic paints. I did 3 coats to make sure that it wasn’t transparent.
- Once your mason jars are dry, use medium sand paper and distress to your liking. I distressed over the words on the jar and around the jar in random spots. Wipe clean of paint flakes.
- Wrap twine around jars about 3-4 times and then tie off with a bow.
- Add floral arrangements. You may have to use wire cutters to get the floral arrangement into small lengths and pieces.
That’s the whole process! It’s so easy to do and it comes out really cute. This project cost me a whole whopping $14 to do. 🙂
What were some of your holiday projects?
Were they #PinterestSuccess or #PinterestFail?
Let me know in the comments below. 🙂
Happy Holidays ya’ll!!