Taco Tuesdays are a ritual at my house. Every Tuesday we enjoy delicious tacos weather it be chicken, carne asada, shrimp, or beef. As much as I love tacos, I get bored eating the same ones. So this Tuesday we tried something a little different. A Southwest Steak Taco Bowl! It’s a taco without the tortillas and a whole lot of yumminess.
The thing I love about taco bowls is the combinations are endless! I love using delicious and wholesome ingredients that’s why I used a mix of veggies, grains, legumes, and grass-fed beef with organic seasoning. Simply Organic has been my go to for organic seasoning for years. Along with quality ingredients, their flavor is amazing and can be incorporated using organic spices, seasoning mix, and baking flavors.
For this recipe I used the Simply Organic Southwest Taco Simmer Sauce. It was perfect to flavor my top sirloin steak, giving it heated flavor of chili peppers, tangy tomato, rich cumin, and savory oregano.
It was really simple to use this simmer sauce. I cooked the top sirloin how I would normally in a pan, drained any fat, and then chopped it up into bite size pieces. I added them back to the pan and added the simmer sauce and let it cook for 2 mins. That’s it! It was really simple to get that bold flavor.
Southwest Steak Taco Bowl
- 1 lb. Top Sirloin
- 1 pack Simply Organics Southwest Simmer Sauce
- 1 cup cooked Quinoa
- Shredded Lettuce
- 1 can Organic Sweet Corn
- 1 can Organic Black Beans
- Cook quinoa according to package directions or 1 cup quinoa in 2 cups liquid for 20 mins.
- Cook top sirloin or 1 lb of other beef to your liking, drain any fat, and chop into pieces
- Add beef to pan and cook in simmer sauce for 1-2 mins.
- In a large bowl add quinoa topped with shredded lettuce and all other ingredients that you want to add to your bowl.
- Serve and enjoy!
This recipe makes 3 bowls so it would be perfect for meal prepping multiple lunches or dinners for the week.
What would you put in your taco bowl?
What are your favorite types of tacos?
Let me know in the comments below. I would love to hear your creations. 🙂