**This post was sponsored by Barilla. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that support me.**
As a young active adult refueling properly is an important part of my health. Not refueling and giving your body the proper nutrition can lead to fatigue, weight gain, and other problems. My favorite way to refuel is high-protein meals.
When I found out that Barilla has protein pasta, I couldn’t wait to try it and I headed over to my local Walmart to pick up some. I love pasta and with the added protein I really couldn’t pass it up. Many of us don’t have a lot of time to cook these elaborate meals so easy and simple is my style of cooking.
The great thing about cooking with pasta is that you can always make extra for the next day’s lunch. It’s a win win and my favorite way of meal prepping.
Barilla ProteinPLUS Pasta has a great list of benefits and features:
- A great source of ALA Omega-3 from flax-seed.
- Provides a good source of fiber from grains, lentils & chickpeas.
- Good source of lean protein.
- Taste amazing and has a great texture
- Has 17g of protein (per 3.5oz portion) from all natural ingredients.
- Made with Non-GMO Ingredients.
Barilla makes a wide range of pastas from protein, whole grain, fiber, and even gluten-free pasta. If you have kids and are looking for pasta that is good for you and your family, then Barilla is for you. The Barilla Gluten-Free pasta was recently named one of Parents Magazine’s “Top 25 Allergy Free Foods.” So definitely check out their Gluten-Free pasta if you or someone you know has common allergies.
Spicy Shrimp Penne Protein Pasta
As promised a simple and easy recipe! It’s made with 5 simple ingredients and takes under 15 minutes to make.
- 1 cup Barilla ProteinPLUS Pasta
- 1/2 cup Barilla Marinara Sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp of crushed red peppers
- 1/2 lb of shrimp
This recipe makes 2 servings. It’s perfect for a dinner for two or like I said earlier, extras for lunch. 🙂 You can find Barilla pastas and sauces at Walmart at great prices.
- Cook Barilla ProteinPLUS Pasta as directed on package 11-12 minutes or until desired texture is reached.
- While your pasta is cooking, heat up your shrimp on a medium heat skillet. You can use uncooked or cooked shrimp. I used cooked shrimp to save me time.
- Add crushed red peppers and garlic to shrimp and sauté for about 5-10 mins.
- Drain pasta and add equal portions to each bowl.
- Top each bowl with 1/4 cup of Barilla Marinara Sauce.
- Lastly top with the spicy shrimp and enjoy!
For more pasta inspired recipes check out Barilla’s recipes here and also this amazing Pinterest board full of inspiring dishes. Also if you like saving money, like myself, don’t forget to check out Ibotta you can get money back on everyday purchases and there’s a Barilla rebate available (3/28).
Have you tried Barilla? What is your favorite?
How do you live a healthier life through cooking?
Let me know in the comments below.
**This post was sponsored by Barilla. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that support me.**[yumprint-recipe id=’16’]