Living a low-carb lifestyle can be a challenge. You have to search and search for a recipe that kind of works but then make some tweaks. Like high fat smoothies. The ones I’ve found just don’t sound very good or at least not as good as a strawberry cheesecake smoothie does. So I decided to create my own low-carb, high-fat smoothie.
This recipe is perfect if you are on a low-sugar diet or ketosis diet or just being conscious of how many sugar and carbs you take in.
So here’s the breakdown of macros for this recipe…
213 CALORIES | 16G FAT | 10G NET CARBS | 8G PROTEIN
When you make this recipe and log all the ingredients the total carbs are 27g. But remember you have to take deduct the grams of fiber and also sugar alcohols like erythritol. These two can’t be absorbed by the body so you have to deduct those carbs from the total carbs. So 2g of fiber and 15g from the Swerve which leaves us with only 10g net carbs! Yay!
- 1 cup of milk ( I use coconut milk because it’s higher fat)
- 2 1/2 tbsp of Swerve Granular Sweetener or your favorite sugar substitute
- 1 rounded tbsp collagen hydrolysate
- 3 oz of organic cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup of frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup ice–> try a couple of cubes and add if you need it thicker.
Let me know how you like this recipe! It is seriously so delicious and going to be my go to smoothie until I can make one as equally delicious.
Don’t forget to PIN this recipe for later–>http://collectivelychristine.com/ux4r
Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie
Delicious and creamy low-carb smoothie.
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 2.5 tbsp Swerve Granular Sweetener
- 1 tbsp collagen
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
Blend all ingredients together.