I’m a believer in whole foods. I’m a believer in eating whole foods for proper nutrition and diet. But I also believe there are times when we need to have supplements to aid in our health and nutrition. Today I want to talk about weight loss shakes. Is there a right time to take them? Is it healthy to replace a full meal with one? I want to give you 5 tips for Drinking Protein Shakes for Weight Loss.
A little about IdealShape:
IdealShape Mission: “To be the simplest and easiest weight loss solution, and to help one million people achieve their ideal shape.”
I recently collaborated with IdealShape and Fit Approach to review some products for my readers. I was a little apprehensive to try this product because I don’t normally drink meal replacement shakes. I’ve had my experience with a number of meal replacement shakes and I just felt like I was back on the yo yo dieting routine that I was trying to break free of. But it’s been awhile since I’ve tried one and I thought I would give it a try and give my honest review of the product.
I received the Orange Cream and Chocolate Cream Pie meal replacement shakes and a box of IdealBoost weightloss drink. What I like about this product is that not only does it taste good but that it’s vitamin and mineral content is pretty impressive. With just one scoop you get 11g of Protein, Vitamins A, D, C, E, B6, B12, Calcium, Thiamin, Biotin (great for hair and nail growth), Iodine, Zinc, and Iron along with many more. One scoop of IdealShape is 100 calories…
This is where I question if this would be suitable to substitute for a meal. 100 calories is not a lot. A calorie is a unit of heat used to indicate the amount of energy that foods will produce in the human body. Calories=Energy. Science has told us that if we create a deficit between the amount of calories we take in and the amount of calories we burn that we will lose weight. Science also says if we don’t take in enough calories we can suffer from a number of ailments. So you really have to find the median between cutting calories and giving your body energy. It’s all about that balance ladies. 🙂
So with that said I really like the taste of their products. They don’t have that chalky protein taste and they are creamy and rich, not watery. Now here are those tips for drinking meal replacement shakes for weight loss.
5 Tips for Drinking Protein Shakes for Weight Loss
- Drink shakes for 1 Meal (replacing your lunch or dinner). As I talked about before you need to ensure that calorie content of your protein shake has been considered. Maybe substitute a shake for the majority of the meal and keep those veggies and fruits for the ride.
- Drink shakes as a snack between your main meals. This will help curb those mid-meal cravings and hunger. It can also help you from consuming those unhealthy snacks that are calling your name from the vending machine. (Hot Cheetos always be calling my name hehe)
- Keep shake mix on hand for those emergencies when you do not have time to eat or are at risk of missing meals. Missing meals are a no no. It can set off a whole series of events that could force you to irrationally choose unhealthy meals or binge eat in a later meal.
- Take shake mix with you when you travel. It’s easy to miss out on meals while traveling or indulging in a plethora of snacks from the airport grab n’ go. Having your shake with you will save you money and keep you feeling full.
- Consume a shake in the morning before exercise. This is to ensure that your body does not catabolize (breakdown process) your muscles for energy.
Helpful Fact: Protein shakes work best with an exercise routine.
- Protein spikes your insulin levels. You will get the best benefit from drinking protein shakes when you are also exercising regularly.
So those my loves are my tips to taking meal replacement shakes. Remember always listen to your bodies.
Get IdealShape here.
NOW FOR A GIVEAWAY
IdealShape will be giving one lucky reader a full size product of their choice. This is a one day giveaway! So enter now!