Thank you Foster Farms for sponsoring this delicious post! All thoughts and opinions in this post are my own. #TurkeyAllYear
Well if Turkey & Brussels Sprout Quinoa Casserole isn’t a mouthful of words then I don’t know what is lol!
This week has been so busy and has left me feeling a little overwhelmed so doing meal prep was a must. If you know me just a little, you know that I love recipes that can make multiple meals. It not only saves time but brings variety into your lunch meals. Eating salads everyday of the week gets downright boring (love salads but hate them on repeat)!
This week I tried something new and it’s now one of my favorite meal prep recipes. This protein packed casserole dish is under 40 mins to make and organic! I mean come on, who does love a casserole? Especially with cooler weather around the corner, you’ll be craving this!
Look at all those yummy ingredients! 😋
The prep is easy with this one. If you’re looking to cook this during the week, make it easy on yourself. Spend 15 mins on Sunday to cook quinoa, chop your onion and Brussels sprouts, and brown Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey.
I’m beyond excited to have found Foster Farms Organic Turkey at my local Target (Target obsessed 😉 ). I have been loving ground turkey this year and has been my go-to lean protein choice. It’s great for substituting ground beef too.
Want to win a FREE package of Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey? You’ll want to check out this post!
Related: Turkey & Bean Chili
This turkey is local so it didn’t have to travel very far which ensures its freshness (available in CA, WA, and OR). The turkey’s are raised free range on a certified organic vegetarian diet and free of added hormones and steroids too! #Winning!
Now here’s what you need and how to make it.
Turkey & Brussels Sprout Quinoa Casserole
- 2 lbs Foster Farms Organic Turkey (don’t forget your coupon!)
- 2 cups organic quinoa, uncooked.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced or 3 tbsp if using packaged garlic.
- 12 oz. package Brussel Sprouts. I used these from Target.
- 1/2 cup organic bread crumbs
- 2 cups organic mozzarella cheese, shredded.
- 15 oz can organic tomato sauce.
- 4 oz can diced jalapeños
- 2 tsp organic basil, dried
- 1/2 tsp organic thyme, dried
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste.
- Prep quinoa and cook for 10 mins.
- Brown ground turkey and preheat oven to 375 F.
- Add olive oil to a skillet over medium heat. Add basil, thyme, garlic, onion, and jalapeños. Stir for about 2 mins then add the Brussels sprouts. Cook until Brussels sprouts start to brown (approx. 7 mins).
- Add cooked quinoa, ground turkey, vegetable mix, tomato sauce, bread crumbs, 1 cup of cheese, salt and pepper to a large mixing bowl. Stir thoroughly until ingredients are mixed together.
- Transfer casserole mix to a 3 quart casserole dish and top with 1 cup of cheese. Bake for 25 mins.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
This makes 8 servings! Andrew and I had our fair helping and C took a little bit for herself. We still had 1/2 of a casserole left so we had plenty for lunches and another dinner! Another win!
If you need a recipe to save time and to make a ton of meals this is your recipe! You can also cut this in 1/2 if you don’t want to make as much. Because of the holiday weekend I brought this casserole into work to share with my work family. They absolutely loved it! So on top of having easy meals throughout the week it can also be used for a potluck or gathering. 🙂
I can’t wait for you to try this recipe out! Like I’m legit excited for you to taste how yummy it is. 🙂
What tricks and tips do you have for meal planning or making recipes easier? Please teach me your ways down in the comments below.