I CANNOT believe it is going to be 2018! I still remember ringing in 2000 and thinking all the power was going to go out! haha. Anyone remember that? 2017 has been such a rewarding year with blogging and for life in general. But it took some self reflection and discovery to get there.
2016 was a very rough year for me. If you’ve been here long, you know my mother passed away from cancer in January 2016. That was by far the most emotional and life changing experience I’ve ever been through. So as you can imagine I was unmotivated in life and really didn’t want to keep blogging.
Dealing with depression and emotions had it’s impact on my life and my blog. 2016 was not a good year for me but that was a lot to do with my own mindset. I realized that being sad and depressed isn’t going to bring my mom back. She would want me to be happy and go on adventures and create a beautiful life, so that’s what I’m doing.
It’s ok to be ok after you lose someone close to you.
2017 brought confidence, inspiration, and whole new found motivation. It’s amazing what a year can do. My blog became more of a focus for me and I have learned so much along the way.
Related: 10 Ways to Boost Confidence
My Top 5 Blog Post of 2017 were…
NO. 1 Bedtime prep + DIY Essential Oils Roll-On – This was such a fun an easy DIY and was really popular.
NO. 2 DIY Cactus Ring Holder – I think this was my best DIY yet. I just saw a cactus ring holder on Pinterest and thought “Hey I could make that.” That’s how this little DIY came to life and even got featured on Better Homes and Garden Mag’s website in this post.
NO. 3 Honey Oat Energy Bites – This was such a yummy recipe provided by the National Honey Board for Honey Month and it was sure a hit!
NO. 4 DIY Gold Toga Party Crown – Such a fun party and another easy DIY.
NO. 5 DIY Grape Chia Seed Drink – This was came just a little behind the toga party crown but not by much. This was such a good drink and perfect for the summer.
I can see a trend with my top post for 2017…DIY! Ya’ll love them and I love making the tutorials for you! Don’t forget to take my readers survey so that I can make Collectively Christine a more fun and inspiring place!
- Continue working out 5-6 times a week: I’ve been really good with this the last couple of weeks. I thought I would get sucked into the holidays and put fitness on the backburner but I didn’t and pretty darn proud of that. So lets hope I can keep it up in 2018.
- Do something nice for myself once a month: Weather it be getting my nails done or buying a cute outfit. I definitely want to keep focus on self-care.
- Travel: I’m actually surprised with the trips we were able to take this year. So hopefully next year I can keep up the momentum.
- Save $$: 2018 I would like to really focus on my finances and saving money. Even if it’s just a little every month.
- Get organized: I feel like I have a lot of little things here and there. I have a ton of clothes that I would love to sell on Poshmark or Ebay too. So focusing on organizing and getting rid of things I no longer use.
- Build my brand relationships: I’ve worked with some amazing brands this year and I want to continuing working on those relationships and collaborations.
- Rebrand: I won’t be changing the name of my blog but I want to really hone in on my personal style and aesthetics. So I’ll be updating graphics, fonts, colors, etc.
- Blog about what I want: This is a lifestyle blog. I don’t have a niche and blog about things I love. I want to be able to embrace all aspects of my life whether it be travel, recipes, fitness, fashion, or something else.
- Be more connected to my readers: I would love to do more giveaways for ya’ll and be more interactive. I’m still brainstorming ways that I can make this happen but I really want to get to know my readers and connect with you all. Don’t ever be shy and drop me a line or two! 🙂
- Take better lifestyle photos: I would love to really get creative this year with my imagery and photos. Would love to collaborate with local photographers in San Diego so if you have any recommendations let me know!
- Videos for YouTube: Yes I have a YouTube channel and it’s pretty embarrassing lol. I hope this year I can really boost my videography game up and get better at uploading to YouTube. 🙂
I hope you all have a fabulous New Year and thank you for being here! I appreciate each and every one of you more than you know!